The department of soil chemistry in MSU has been established in 1943 and headed by E.P.Troitsky. Since 1980 till 1999 D.S.Orlov honored worker of the science, honored professor of the MSU has been the chair.
Professor S.J.Trofimov became the chief of the department of soil science in 1999.
Programs of special and general courses of the department of soil chemistry:
1. Chemistry of humic substances.
2. Chemical pollution of soil by heavy metal compounds.
3. Chemical bases of land reclamation of sour soil.
4. Stability of soil to external chemical influence.
5. Soil ecological monitoring.
6. Spectral reflective ability of soil.
7. Oxidation-reduction regimes of soil.
8. Nonspecific organic matter of soil.
9. Metal-organic and organo-mineral compounds of soil.
10. The kinetic approach to studying soil processes.
11. Highly-dispersed minerals and their role in soil fertility.
12. Change of soil under influence of acid deposits.
13. Biochemical cycles of elements.
Staff of the department:
1.Trofimov Sergei Nikolaevich
2.Barsova Nataliya Yurievna
3.Biryukova Olga Nikolaevna
4.Vlasova Aleksandra Alekseevna
5.Vorobieva Lyudmila Andreevna
6.Glebova Galina Ivanovna
7.Goronenkova Elena Evgenievna
8.Gorshkova Elena Ivanovna
9.Dronova Tatiana Yakovlevna
10.Zhudina Lyudmila Yurievna
11.Zavarzina Anna Georgievna
12.Zavgorodnyaya Yuliya Anatolievna
13.Karavanova Elizaveta Iliinichna
14.Kiryushin Aleksei Valerievich
15.Ladonin Dmitrii Vadimovich
16.Lopukhina Olga Vladimirovna
17.Malinina Mariya Sergeevna
18.Mikulina Flora Gayazovna
19.Motuzova Galina Vasilievna
20.Osipova Nina Nikolaevna
21.Reshetnikov Sergei Ivanovich
22.Rozanova Marina Sergeevna
23.Rudakova Tatiana Andreevna
24.Sadovnikova Lyudmila Konstantinovna
25.Salpagarova Irina Azretovna
26.Sokolova Tatiana Alekseevna
27.Stepanov Andrei Anatolievich
28.Sukhanova Natalia Ivanovna
29.Tolpeshta Inna Igorevna
30.Ulankina Anna Valerievna
31.Yakimenko Olga Sergeevna
Scientific work is carried out in a priority direction " Chemical bases of soil formation, fertility and monitoring of soil ".
Three main themes are developed:
1. Thermodynamic bases of formation of soil chemical condition.
2. Change of soil chemical properties under technogenic influence.
3. Organic matter, carbon, nitrogen and phosphorus in soils.